What is Ease Room?
Help on Ease Room - Edit Project Data / Case Data / Cluster Data
Ease Room is a module of EASE 4.0/3.0 that allows you to insert and modify
buildings (eg. rooms, studios, stadiums), loudspeaker cases, loudspeaker
clusters, furniture (like chairs, tables) and room parts (like columns,
balconys, windows) in a wireframe view.
As a basic module of Ease it is used in many different ways:
- When you're editing projects:
Ease Room serves as a Room Editor, or in other words to Edit Project Data, that means insertion and modification of room structures, like walls, stairs, columns, loudspeaker positions and audience areas.
- When you're editing Speaker Models:
a) Ease Room serves as a Case Editor, or in other words to Edit Case Data, that means insertion and modification of the physical part of loudspeakers.
b) Ease Room serves as a Cluster Editor, or in other words to Edit Cluster Data, that means insertion and modification of groups of loudspeakers. In this case the position of the grouped loudspeakers relative to each other, their acoustic centers and their aiming directions are edited, so only the (imaginary) acoustic part of the loudspeakers is considered.
- When you're doing a ray-tracing or mirror-imaging calulation:
Ease Room serves as a room viewing tool.
All walls of a room consist of plane Faces. Every Face is geometrically
described by the location of its Vertices. The acoustic behavior of a Face
can be defined by assigning a Wall Material to it. Wall Materials contain
information of the sound energy absorption for each frequency band.
Loudspeakers are placed in the room by setting their position and aiming direction. When a Speaker Model is assigned to a Loudspeaker then the attenuation lobe, the case and values like sensitivity etc. of the Speaker Model are used in the calculation of RT's, SPL distributions and so on.
Last update on 08/01/11 by Stefan Feistel.
EASE Room FAQ
- What is Ease Room?
- Reinstall Room symmetry
- Aiming Loudspeakers
- Slow Project Data Module
- Coated Faces
- Message "Non-Zero Surface Integral"
- Displace not working?
- Invisible Items are still visible
- Invisible Items - How to get them back?
- Activating Items in Project Data
- Deleting many Listener Seats
- Adding Loudspeaker Data Files to the Database
- Coverage Cones not showing
- Delete Items after combining Projects
- Changing Wall Material for multiple Faces
- Acoustic Effect of Areas and Seats