Message "Non-Zero Surface Integral"
I'm trying to close a room I just finished entering, but I received an error message saying "non-zero surface integral." What does this mean and how do I solve this problem?
After the command Check Data has been invoked, EASE calculates the sum
of all faces areas. This sum can be considered as a three-dimensional
value because every area is added dependent on its orientation in the
room. For example two parallel faces with equal areas looking at each
other would give zero.
As a result the surface integral of a closed room must also equal zero with a little tolerance.
To solve this problem: In most cases there are two or more faces in the same location. Delete one of them.
Last update on 07/01/11 by Stefan Feistel.
EASE Room FAQ
- What is Ease Room?
- Reinstall Room symmetry
- Aiming Loudspeakers
- Slow Project Data Module
- Coated Faces
- Message "Non-Zero Surface Integral"
- Displace not working?
- Invisible Items are still visible
- Invisible Items - How to get them back?
- Activating Items in Project Data
- Deleting many Listener Seats
- Adding Loudspeaker Data Files to the Database
- Coverage Cones not showing
- Delete Items after combining Projects
- Changing Wall Material for multiple Faces
- Acoustic Effect of Areas and Seats