Can I use the same GLL loudspeaker file in all AFMG modeling programs ?
Not all GLL files are the same. Some AFMG® programs have specific requirements for a GLL in order that the program is permitted to use the GLL. EASE® as well as the EASE GLL Viewer can use all GLL types without restriction.
1 GLL Types
The chart below summarizes what types of GLLs can be used in each AFMG program.
|Loudspeaker||Cluster||Line Array||GLL with DLL Extension|
|EASE GLL Viewer
1 There are various loudspeaker models that ship as a GLL with a DLL. The DLL is used to extend the GLLs capabilities and e.g. provides a custom user interface. These functions are typically used for beam-steering products. Most but not all GLL+DLL packages can be used in both programs, EASE as well as EASE Focus.
2 For a GLL to be able to be used in either EASE Evac or EASE Address the Rated Coverage Angle property must have a value greater than zero entered. If this value is zero for a GLL, the GLL cannot be imported into either the EASE Evac or the EASE Address databases.
2 Authorization Requirements
The chart below summarizes what type of authorization files are needed by the manufacturer for a GLL to be used in each AFMG program.
|Optional||No Cost||Paid Fee|
|EASE GLL Viewer
1 A GLL can be used without an authorization file but it will be shown as not authorized.
2 A manufacturer authorization file can be requested at no cost to the manufacturer. This authorization file can be included in the GLL project. When compiled, the GLL will show as “Authorized Data” when the GLL is used in EASE or EASE Evac.
3 To enable GLLs to work in EASE Focus and EASE Address the manufacturer is required to pay a license fee. The cost is based on the number of different loudspeakers (i.e. Box Types) that are desired to be used in each of these programs. Nonetheless, the program is free for the end user. For additional information on cost please see the links below.
Last update on 19/10/16 by Frank Siegmann.
EASE FAQ - List all
- How do I use my user keys with multiple computers?
- We are a loudspeaker company. How can we add our data to EASE ?
- Why does the SPL Column in Loudspeaker Properties for a GLL or DLL show 0 (zero) dB or less?
- Can I use the same GLL loudspeaker file in all AFMG modeling programs ?
- I am trying to install the EASE Guard and get a “Failed to load MediaRead.dll” error. How do I fix the problem?
- Which quality levels of calculation does EASE offer?
- Has EASE been verified or certified and does AFMG implement quality assurance programs for software development?
- EASE Overview
- AURA Simulation Parameters
- Upgrade Microsoft Windows with EASE installed
- Running EASE seems to be causing AutoCAD (from Autodesk) to want to run its installation routine. How do I correct this?
- EASE installing Spyware?
- I am trying to save/open an EASE project on my network and get "Run-time error '75', Path/File access error". How do I fix this problem?
- Multi-Channel Convolver
- Level and Delay for Mixing Files
- Menu Items "Keep to Auralize" and "Keep as Start Default"
- Lake Convolver in the Background
- Lake Convolver Peak Gain
- Lake Convolver not convolving?
- Message "Convolver Error 1: General Error"
- Real-Time Source for Convolution/Auralisation
- Level and Delay for Auralisation Files
- Material Color versus Face Color
- Menu Item "Watch Painting"
- Menu Item "Without Me"
- Receiver Angles in Probe
- Colored Outlines and Outline All Faces
- Resolution for Mappings
Import / Export
- What is Ease Room?
- Reinstall Room symmetry
- Aiming Loudspeakers
- Slow Project Data Module
- Coated Faces
- Message "Non-Zero Surface Integral"
- Displace not working?
- Invisible Items are still visible
- Invisible Items - How to get them back?
- Activating Items in Project Data
- Deleting many Listener Seats
- Adding Loudspeaker Data Files to the Database
- Coverage Cones not showing
- Delete Items after combining Projects
- Changing Wall Material for multiple Faces
- Acoustic Effect of Areas and Seats