Can you give a brief overview of what EASE is and what it can do for me?
EASE is a software that allows the creation of a 3D acoustic model of a room and a sound system within a room.
First the geometric data for the room is entered, then data for the acoustic absorption of the materials that are on the walls and other surfaces. From this, reverberation times and other acoustic parameters can be computed, and the model can be used to test various modifications that might be made to the acoustics.
Next, loudspeakers can be added to the model at various locations. Data for the 3D frequency response is provided by loudspeaker manufacturers, and is part of the EASE database. With this data, a complex impulse response can be computed from any loudspeaker or system of loudspeakers to any point in the room. In addition, the response of the system can be computed for a grid of points of interest (for example, audience seating and a stage). It is thus easy to study the uniformity of distribution of sound over the listening area, as well as how much sound returns to the stage. And since the acoustics of the space have been computed, predictions of speech intelligibility can be mapped as well.
Finally, it is possible to compute the binaural impulse response for a human listener as a .wav file and convolve it with a .wav file of music or speech. The resulting .wav file can then be played through headphones and used to study or demonstrate the effects of various modifications to the acoustic or electroacoustic design.
Last update on 08/01/11 by Stefan Feistel.
EASE FAQ - List all
- How do I use my user keys with multiple computers?
- We are a loudspeaker company. How can we add our data to EASE ?
- Why does the SPL Column in Loudspeaker Properties for a GLL or DLL show 0 (zero) dB or less?
- Can I use the same GLL loudspeaker file in all AFMG modeling programs ?
- I am trying to install the EASE Guard and get a “Failed to load MediaRead.dll” error. How do I fix the problem?
- Which quality levels of calculation does EASE offer?
- Has EASE been verified or certified and does AFMG implement quality assurance programs for software development?
- EASE Overview
- AURA Simulation Parameters
- Upgrade Microsoft Windows with EASE installed
- Running EASE seems to be causing AutoCAD (from Autodesk) to want to run its installation routine. How do I correct this?
- EASE installing Spyware?
- I am trying to save/open an EASE project on my network and get "Run-time error '75', Path/File access error". How do I fix this problem?
- Multi-Channel Convolver
- Level and Delay for Mixing Files
- Menu Items "Keep to Auralize" and "Keep as Start Default"
- Lake Convolver in the Background
- Lake Convolver Peak Gain
- Lake Convolver not convolving?
- Message "Convolver Error 1: General Error"
- Real-Time Source for Convolution/Auralisation
- Level and Delay for Auralisation Files
- Material Color versus Face Color
- Menu Item "Watch Painting"
- Menu Item "Without Me"
- Receiver Angles in Probe
- Colored Outlines and Outline All Faces
- Resolution for Mappings
Import / Export
- What is Ease Room?
- Reinstall Room symmetry
- Aiming Loudspeakers
- Slow Project Data Module
- Coated Faces
- Message "Non-Zero Surface Integral"
- Displace not working?
- Invisible Items are still visible
- Invisible Items - How to get them back?
- Activating Items in Project Data
- Deleting many Listener Seats
- Adding Loudspeaker Data Files to the Database
- Coverage Cones not showing
- Delete Items after combining Projects
- Changing Wall Material for multiple Faces
- Acoustic Effect of Areas and Seats