AURA: increase accuracy - reduce calculation times!
Developed in cooperation with the renowned Institute for Technical Acoustics at RWTH Aachen University, the AURA module incorporates the power of CAESAR acoustic simulation algorithms with EASE, increasing its potential and efficiency.
AURA is composed of a hybrid Ray Tracing engine, which uses both a deterministic Image Model (Cone Tracing) and Stochastic Ray Tracing methods, taking advantage of the best they can offer to speed up the computation without compromising accuracy.
High-end algorithms allow you to get the most out of multi-threading technology, guaranteeing considerable reduction of calculation times, which are especially important on large or complex projects!
Evaluate the room or system design based on measures defined in the International Standard on Room Acoustic Measurements ISO 3382. AURA is capable of adding all the following measures to EASE:
- Early Decay Time (EDT)
- Reverberation Time (T10, T20, T30)
- Lateral Fraction (LF)
- Lateral Fraction Coefficient (LFC)
- Definition (D, C50)
- Clarity (C80)
- Sound Strength (G)
- Center Time
- Echo Criteria for Speech and Music according to Dietsch and Kraak
- STI (IEC60268-16:2003 and 2011)
- Articulation Loss (% AlCons)
The effect of sound scattering by structured surfaces and surface materials is also taken into account with AURA. The Wall Material database module includes a Scattering Wizard that allows real-life approximations of scattering coefficients.
Discover our newly developed software program for the simulation of scattering coefficients of complex structures – AFMG Reflex. The tool is completely compatible with EASE and the data can be instantly exported to an EASE Wall Material file.
Due to consideration of scattering effects and to usually more detailed Response Files, the data generated from the AURA module is generally more suitable for auralizations, producing more realistic sonic experiences!
AURA always generates full-length impulse response data. While large or complex rooms often limit the capabilities of conventional ray tracing and mirror image algorithms and therefore require adding an extrapolated reverberant tail in post-processing, AURA’s hybrid approach can simulate reflectograms and impulse responses up to the length of the reverberation time and even longer. Only in this manner late reflections as well as coupled reverberant spaces can be analyzed and auralized reliably.
The AURA module adds the following main resources to EASE:
- AURA Mapping: allows mappings according to ISO3382 over Audience Areas, surfaces or at Listener Seats through the computation of an echogram.
- AURA Response: calculates a detailed Reflectogram from which a Binaural Impulse response can be computed and used for auralizations.
- Diffuse reflections according to the scattering coefficient defined in wall materials are taken into account. This leads to a much denser, more realistic reflectogram.
- AURA supports multi-threading on computers with more than one processor speeding up calculations significantly. With EASE version 4.4 calculations speed has once more been increased by factor 2.